Release Date: 15 Nov 2019
Enhancements in This Release
- Added ability to draw any shape on the map using Drawing Tools and lock it in place to prevent it from being moved while still allowing edit of the shape using the Pointer tools.
Added ability to geocode a single address (or multiple) on the map, and plot a specific Lat/Long point directly on the map.
Created a Layers function on the map to allow shapes to be moved from front to back to front again; labels can be added to the shapes and also moved from front to back to front again.
- Added a new option to the DirectRoute Map Menu, Map Region, to select a specific map region and get the most updated map version for that region. When a selection is made/changed, DR will display the most current map data for that selected region.
- Added a new options to the Preferences setting Trimble Maps>Data Version, used by Get Directions to make sure that specific roads are used. DR will automatically call web services (requires internet connection) to retrieve the most current map data available for the selected region. The new options under this setting include:
PCM_NA = North America
PCM_EU = Europe
PCM_OC = Oceanic
PCM_SA = South America
PCM_ME = Middle East
PCM_AS = Australia
PCM_AF = Africa
PCM_WW = Worldwide
PCM_GT = GeoTrack/Energy (oil site roads, mostly dirt roads) (Note: GeoTrack/Energy maps aren't usually available on normal versions of mapping data)
- Modified the results displayed when selecting the DirectRoute menu item Help>About; the API key assigned to the user will no longer appear in whole, but will instead be partially masked for security reasons.
- Modified the access notification setting when selecting a User Data Directory in PreferencesFiles Names and Paths. DirectRoute will display a message on the screen when the user doesn't have access (authorized API key) to the selected Directory, and the info box will be restored to the original User Data Directory path.
- Added a new State Summary tab to the Miles by State Report. The new tab provides a summary of totals for each state, to include total miles, free miles, toll miles, and toll costs.
- Added the ability to download the Miles by State Report. When viewing either of the Summary tabs, click the Save button, then save the file to the location of your choice. The file can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet (.XLS), tab delimited file (.TAB), or comma delimited file (.CSV).
- Added a new column to the Truck File. Georesult will display the results received when records are geocoded.
- Modified the setting Use Default Colors for Territory = FALSE, to ensure the territories will pull color and symbol from the Truck File when viewing in Territory Mode. When viewing in Day Mode, the first Sub-territory color will be pulled from the truck; the rest will be pulled from the color wheel.
- Modified the Display Territory function. When Display Territory is opened/selected, territories may be shown or hidden, based on the last selection made by the user when this function was last used.
Issues Resolved in This Release
- Resolved issue with stop color not updating after a stop is loaded.
- Corrected issue with map shortcut to move a stop to another route (Ctrl+hold on a stop, then Shift+Ctrl and click on the new route to place the stop).
- Modified preference setting Apply Defaults/Overwrite Existing Entries to save the user's selection of TRUE or FALSE, rather than reverting to a default of FALSE each time DirectRoute is closed and/or reopened.
- Completed modifications to the Solution Statistics report to ensure the Cost/Mile and Cost/Route items display correctly.
- Corrected border crossing functions to ensure routes are or are not routed across the border based on user selection (international/domestic) when generating directions.
- Resolved issue in which lassoed stops were not loaded during the load phase of routing.
- Corrected issues that prevented stops from loading when using the Lasso tool for Selective Routing or stop selection.
- Modified the Replace function to ensure (correct) changes made in the Stop and Truck files can be committed to selected records only, rather than committed to ALL records only.
- Corrected issue with SpreadsheetGear that caused loss of data when the file was saved.
- Amended preference setting Close Time Window = TRUE function to ensure selection is obeyed when loading stops.
- Corrected territory color issue that caused color changes when territories were hidden/unhidden.
- Amended color selection function to correct and ensure ability to edit/save color choices in the Truck File (TP).
- Modified the export from TerritoryPro to TerritoryManager to ensure Fixed Time is exported as a decimal number.
- Resolved the empty truck error occurring when files were exported from TerritoryPro to TerritoryManager; Territory Name used in the Truck and Stop files should be the same (should match) in order to open and view files properly after export.
- Rectified issue preventing the move of all lassoed stops in a territory when using the Lasso tool.
- Modified the Lasso tool to ensure the Alt+Click shortcut will load Unloaded Stops to a territory, and the newly loaded stops will show on the map in the correct color/icon.
Important Note: Effective with the DirectRoute 2019.3 release, DirectRoute map data relies on an active internet connection to retrieve current Trimble map data provided by PC*MILER Web Services. Customers should ensure they have external internet access to the following sites:
Additional information is available in the Readme.txt file, included in the DirectRoute release download. The file is copied to your DirectRoute folder when updated with any new release (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\TMW Systems Inc\Appian\Direct Route).
Updating to the New Version
If you are interested in updating to the newest version of DirectRoute, or any other version, contact Trimble MAPS Appian Support at (800) 663-0626, Option 6, then Option 7; Mon - Fri from 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM (CST). Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.