Mode Selection settings, as well as a few other key setting fields, help the software determine and calculate the most efficient mode of transportation (Private Fleet, LTL, Common Carrier, etc.) based on mode types made available. The Mode Selection Settings Table lists the various fields and descriptions to help determine the best settings for each project. These settings can be found and updated in Routing Preferences, which are accessible from the menu before beginning any new shipment project. It’s important to review these settings and make any adjustments necessary based on the type of results expected from the software.
From the main menu, click File > Preferences and review/update the following items:
- Configuration: Add or update unique identifiers, volume types, and optional user fields.
- File Names/Paths: Identify the path to the DirectRoute Data Folder, where the Shipment Files are maintained (Shipment File, Truck File, Rate File, etc.).
- Mode Selection: Determines the most efficient mode of transportation based on available mode types (see the Mode Selection Settings Table for a list of fields and descriptions to help determine the best settings for each project).
- Other: Update any/all other fields within Routing Preferences, that may be needed.
- Routing: Identify shipment constraints and desired software behavioral actions.