On occasion after the initial installation of your DirectRoute program, it may require an update to the Serial Number.
This can happen as the result of another license purchase or from installing other modules and/or functionality.
There are just two file locations on your computer that will need to be updated, but this is something you can easily do yourself.
Be sure you first close the DirectRoute program before proceeding with the following steps.
Update the Windows Registry Key
- Use the search box on the Windows Task Bar and type Regedit
- Select the Regedit run command
- When the Registry Editor opens, expand the file list to reveal the Appian folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Node > TMW Systems Inc > Appian.
- Click on the file name DRSerialNumber.
- Clear the Serial Number from the Value data box, then click OK when done.
Update the DirectRoute Files to delete the license file.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86) > TMW Systems Inc > Appian > DirectRoute. (See note below)
- Locate the file Appian.LICX and delete it (right-click and select Delete).
- Close all opened windows and files and restart DirectRoute.
Note: On occasion, the DirectRoute program files have not been installed in C:\Program Files (x86). If you have difficulty locating the file, contact Customer Support for additional assistance.