The POI feature enables users to identify and save geolocations on the map in a library that can be used in the same manner as a legitimate address when assigning and routing orders in DRTrack.
The POI feature can be useful for deliveries to locations where addresses may not yet be available (i.e. new construction) , deliveries to rural or unincorporated areas, or when addresses are not updated and/or correct, but physical location is known. Customers that spend a lot of time manually geocoding many orders will find the POI feature a great time-saver.
- Drop a pin on the map and save the location as a new POI.
- Use Long/Lat to drop a pin on the map and save the location as a new POI.
- Assign POIs to unloaded orders from the Route Calendar/Route Board.
- Each POI is assigned a unique name, saved in a library for reuse with any unloaded order, any customer.
- The POI library can be searched and sorted, and any POI can be viewed and/or edited.
The POI feature can be accessed from various locations within DRTrack for ease of use:
- Admin > Customer > POI Manager: Create and maintain a library of saved POIs
- Route Board: Assign POIs to unloaded orders with the Assign POI button
- Route Calendar: Assign POIs to unloaded orders with the Assign POI button
Assign POI from Route Calendar or Route Board
- Saved POIs can be assigned to unloaded orders from either the Route Board or the Route Calendar, and/or a new POI can be created and assigned if one does not already exist.
- Whether you start from the Route Board or the Route Calendar, the procedures are the same.
- Once you've located an unloaded order, choose the Assign POI button and the application will take you to the POI Manager page to complete the necessary actions.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the desired branch, then days, in the unloaded orders section.
- Click the box to the left of an order # to select that unloaded order.
- Click the Assign POI box in the top right corner of the unloaded orders list to open the POI Manager page
- To assign the unloaded order to one of the listed POIs, ensure the order is still selected, then click on the applicable POI card in the column list.
- Selecting the unloaded order card (check box) below the map will return a list of applicable POIs to the column on the right (deselecting the unloaded order will remove POIs from the list).
Note: Orders with no address will display a red hazard icon in the location block; hover over the icon and an info box will display/read "No address was provided."
Add a New POI
If no applicable POIs are listed/saved in the library, a new one can be created by selecting the +New POI in the upper right corner.
- Click the location on the map to mark the spot where the POI should be located.
- Enter the new unique POI name, and City/State/Zip in the New POI Details box.
- Click Save New POI when done; the newly added POI will appear in the column to the right of the map, and the location will be marked by a gray pin on the map.
- Click on the POI card in the column listing.
- The pin color on the map will change to blue, indicating the POI was selected
- A detailed address/location info box will appear on the map above the POI pin
- To assign an unloaded order to a newly created POI, ensure the order is still selected then click on the POI card in the column list.
Note: While an order address may be sparse or incomplete, at a minimum, the Zip Code must match that of the POI before the POI can be assigned to the order.
View or Edit an Existing POI
Details of each POI can be viewed from the column listing to the right of the map, or by selecting the POI pin on the map.
- When the POI pin is selected on the map, the Edit POI Details info box displays the address, the date the POI was last used, and the date the POI was created.
- To edit any of the POI details, click Edit and type any necessary changes, then save the changes when complete.
- When the POI is listed in the column list to the right of the map, the POI details only list the City, State, Zip, date the POI was last used, and any POI notes that have been added.
- To edit any POI listed in the column list, locate the matching POI pin on the map (blue), and edit the POI as described in 1a above.